Where Have All The Senior Saints Gone?
9 For behold, your enemies, O Lord ,
for behold, your enemies shall perish;
all evildoers shall bes scattered.
The Righteous (Senior Saints)
- The Past Blessings And Tender Mercies
10 But you have exalted myt horn like that ofu the wild ox;
you havev poured over me* fresh oil.
11 Myx eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies;
my ears have heard the doom of my evil assailants.
- Present Blessings And Tender Mercies
12 w The righteous flourish like the palm tree
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 They are planted in the house of the Lord ;
they flourish iny the courts of our God.
14 They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
- The Grateful Response To God’s Blessings And Tender Mercies
15 z to declare that the Lord is upright;
he is mya rock, and there isb no unrighteousness in him.
From v13-15, Let us deal with the subject: Senior Saints Serving In The Sanctuary”
When someone calls you “sweetie” when you are being waited on, you have hit the high water mark of “senior hood”. When you run upstairs and get to the top and can’t remember why you came up and then go back down and forget what you were doing, you have arrive at senior hood.
But God… God is good and His mercy endures forever. A church is blessed beyond measure when senior saints are serving in the church. I am not talking about just attending church services but being involved in the ministry of the congregation.
Just like in the book of Esther, although the Queen had no worries or cares about her future, the future of her people hung in the balance and her uncle told her that she was appointed queen “for such a time as this”. Senior saints are needed to serve in congregations “for such a time as this” in the American churches of Christ. Declining membership and the lack of preachers face many churches.
But God has lengthened out the lives of senior saints and have given them the “spiritual vitality” to serve.
- When Senior Saints Serve In The Sanctuary, God Is Glorified.
- to declare that the Lord is upright;
1, God Is Glorified By Presence Of Senior Saints Serving In The Sanctuary For It Reveals His Providential Care.(Ps 23:7)
- God Is Glorified By The Spiritual Vitality of Senior Saints Serving In The Sanctuary.
- When Senior Saints Serve In The Sanctuary, the Senior Saints Are Sanctified.
Psalm 92:13-14 (KJV)
13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
- Seniors who are serving in the sanctuary are “planted in the house of the Lord being sanctified by the Word of truth.
- When Senior Saints Serve In The Sanctuary, The Church Is Edified
Desperate measures edify the church using worldly means have failed, it is time for the testimony of the Senior Saints to declare the marvelous deeds of God, the power of God and the faithfulness of God.
- Ps 71:17-18
- 17Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
- and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
- 18Even when I am old and gray,
- do not forsake me, O God,
- till I declare your power to the next generation,
- your might to all who are to come.
Titus 2:1-4 (NIV)
1 You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.
2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Our Families can be edified or built up spiritually by Saints Serving in the Sanctuary.`
Because when Senior Saints Are Serving In The Sanctuary God is Glorified, The Senior Saints Are Sanctified and the Church is Edified, congregations must make positive efforts to whip out all ageism and embrace the Divine Sower plan of planting senior saints in the church for such a time as this to declare senior saints salvation experience based on the truth of the Scriptures.
- Gods Insperable Love Romans 8:37-39
- God’s Loving Kindness
- God’s Incomparable Christ Col 1: 15-20
- God’s Benefits For the righteous Ps 103:1-3
- God’s Protection Romans 8:31
- God’s Providence Romans 8:28
- God’s Provision Phil 4:19
- Gods Generosity 2 Cor 9:6-10
Some Things Seniors Serving In The Sanctuary Must Avoid.
- Avoid being Negative-Stay Positive And Proactive so that your influence will be used for good by supporting the Leadership
- Avoid not being involved in ministry of the church James 4:17
- Avoid being a consumer/customer of the congregation.
- Avoid not doing good as you have opportunity Gal. 6:10
Some Ideas How Seniors Can Serve In The Sanctuary
- Work With Leadership- Heb. 13:17(Gal. 6:10, Titus 2:3-4)
- To Serve In visitation ministries
- To Serve special needs of seniors
- To Serve in pray for and pray with teams
- To Serve Mentoring Young Mothers